Today I’ll be doing something a little different. I usually review books here that I have read, but today I’d like to talk about books that I didn’t read.
??!!? WHAT?!? How could I possibly talk about something I didn’t read??? Well, to be specific, I just didn’t finish them. Here’s the breakdown of the structure of this post.
[Book title] — [Author]
- Short synopsis
- Why I picked it up
- Why I didn’t like it/ Why I didn’t finish it
~ ONE ~
- Second book in a trilogy about a young queen in power. Slow-moving and gripping political drama. Quite adult.
- I really really enjoyed the first book
- I was so disappointed. This book is dual-perspective unlike the first book. I didn’t like the the new perspective and got pretty impatient because I only wanted to hear Kelsea’s side. Sure this book also jumps to side characters when the plot calls for it but this new perspective was unravelling really slowly. So I really didn’t know the point to this new character. I guess I just gave up. And I didn’t like this new character, which didn’t help. Can someone please tell me it gets better later so I’ll give this book a second chance? I want to know how it ends but I need some motivation to get through this one.
~ TWO ~
- Cinderella retelling with a cyborg and a sci-fi/steampunk setting
- It was really popular on Goodreads
- This is a very unpopular opinion (I think? Correct me if I’m wrong) but I just didn’t like this book. The thing that I found absolutely ridiculous was the insta-love. I don’t know if it was me being too sensitive but ARGH ~Ain’t nobody got time for that~. She was “strong” but she’d still fall for someone she doesn’t even know? I don’t understand.
~ THREE ~
I actually did an entire post on not finishing this book.
~ FOUR ~
- I don’t fricking know
- Saw it in a bookshop and it had a cool premise I guess. So I went to the library to check it out
- I didn’t like it. Not sure anymore why. Oops.
~ FIVE ~
- Aesthetic cover
- Just not to my preferences. Oops
And that brings me to the end of this post-mortem. I know it wasn’t very comprehensive but I “read” these books a long time ago. In any case, maybe you found some books you might be interested in!